Western Thatch Ants
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park houses Western Thatch Ants. At the moment of the season these ants are particularly active so please respect these normal bugs and get away from any unneeded interruption of the houses, which are in the shape of mounds. Please keep all food sealed and stored away you should definitely in usage, and make use of garbage and bins that are recycling get rid of waste. These actions may help avoid any unwelcome connection with these tiny creatures.
Dogs aren’t allowed on coastline areas.
Pets/domestic animals needs to be on a leash and in check all times.
you might be accountable for their behavior and must get rid of their excrement. Animals aren’t allowed when you look at the day-use beach areas regarding the park. Animals are permitted regarding the coastline next to the campground between might 1 and 14, however they must be on a leash february. Please observe posted indications (see park map).
Concerning This Park
Majestic old-growth trees, breathtaking ocean sunsets and an inviting, wide sandy coastline with campsites nestled amongst mature Douglas fir woods makes Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in Parksville among the leading holiday locations on Vancouver Island.
At low tide the ocean recedes nearly a kilometre, supplying a place that is ideal site visitors of all of the many years to try out within the sand and explore the shoreline. Once the tide rolls in on the sand that is sun-baked the warmed water is unbeatable for swimming and sodium water enjoyable.
Rathtrevor Beach is fantastic for a relaxed household outing. Merely stay straight straight right back and immerse up the seaside environment and take a stroll through the wooded upland area regarding the park. All campsites are within a 5-minute stroll to the two km stretch of sandy coastline. The park additionally features a big day-use area, ideal for time picnic.
Bird watching can also be a popular task at the park, especially in the springtime whenever large numbers of seabirds congregate for the herring spawn that is annual.
During February, March and April, Rathtrevor Beach can be one of the better spots from the Island to see the migrating Brant geese.
Know Before Going
- This really is an extremely park that is popular year-round. Throughout the summer season (involving the week that is last of and Labour Day in September), reservations are expected. From May 15th into the week that is last of, reservations are recommended. Although reservations are expected into the summer time period, unclaimed or unreserved internet sites may be around on per night to evening foundation. Please seek advice from the park operator.
- Alternate camping area may be around at nearby Englishman River Falls Provincial Park (13 kilometer) or Little Qualicum Falls Provincial Park (24 kilometer). These two parks additionally accept reservations.
- This park doesn’t have a watercraft launch. The closest launch are at French Creek Marina, 8 kilometer north of this park on Hwy 19a.
All campsite, group campsite and group picnic shelter reservations should be made through Discover Camping. Whenever reservations aren’t available, all campsites work as first-come, first-served.
Campsite reservations are accepted as of this park. All drive-in and walk-in campsites are reservable; there aren’t any first-come, first-served web web sites.
Group Campsite Reservations
Group campsite reservations are accepted for the team campsites through Discover Camping.
Group Picnic Shelter Reservations
Location and Maps
Take note: Any maps detailed are for information just; they might maybe not express boundaries that are legal really should not be employed for navigation.
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park is located 3 kilometer south of Parksville on Hwy 19a, on main Vancouver Island. Simply just simply Take exit #51 from the Inland Island Highway (Hwy #19) and signs that are follow the park. The closest communities are Parksville, Qualicum and Nanaimo.
Maps and Brochures
Any maps listed are for information just; they could maybe not express boundaries that are legal really should not be useful for navigation.
Nature and tradition
- History: Rathtrevor got its title through the Irish household who homesteaded about this land. William Rath, a silver prospector, arrived in 1886 along with his wife that is young and child. They built a log cabin, cleared the land, plus in 1895 they built the barn. William passed away in 1903, making Elizabeth the farm and five young ones. She turned out to be an industrious individual, effectively running the farm and in the end running it being a campground. The suffix вЂњtrevorвЂќ had been put into provide the campground a far more lyrical name. Rathtrevor Campground became Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park in 1967 and even though much has changed since William and Elizabeth first arrived, its importance and beauty will likely to be preserved for the continued satisfaction.
- Wildlife: Several species of wildlife is seen into the park, including deer, raccoons, squirrels, otters, mink, eagles, osprey, hawks, vultures, owls, and numerous shore and migratory wild birds which use the park area throughout their springtime and autumn migrations. The absolute most famous migratory coast birds will be the Brant geese (Branta bernicla) who make use of the beaches of Rathtrevor and Craig Bay as staging and feeding areas throughout their springtime migration to north Canada and Alaska.
- Management Preparing Information
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park Management Arrange PDF 1.96MBDisclaimer:This is maybe maybe maybe not the initial management preparation item. This document was scanned through the initial structure associated with plan. It would likely include some formatting modifications, nevertheless the content is in line with the initial.
Activities Offered At this Park
Animals on Leash
Facilities Offered By this Park
You can find 6 team campsites as of this park. Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 are positioned off Rath path just through the management building, before the day-use is reached by you parking lots.
These websites are operating out of a open industry, with picnic tables, fire bands, flush toilets/change building and an innovative new clean section with fresh water.
Group Sites 5 & 6 are observed in the future from Group Sites 1 вЂ“ 4 into the old parking great deal 4 area. Group campsites are available from might 12 to 15 october. Reservation information В»
Youth group camping costs per evening are $1/person (6+), by having a $50 minimum and $150 optimum. Browse the Youth Group policy about Criteria for Youth Groups.
Regular group camping costs per are the beds base price when it comes to website, that is $120.00/group evening site/night, plus $5/adult (16+, minimal cost for 15 grownups), plus $1/child (6-15). Kiddies under 6 are free!
This park has a big area that is day-use/picnic the coastline and ocean with 3 parking lots, 75 picnic tables, 2 reservable picnic shelters, pit toilets, two 2 flush toilet/change structures, walking tracks and an adventure play ground. Reservation information В»